CATHOLIC DOCTORS ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA

Monday, November 20, 2006

Public Forum on Bioethics

The Catholic Doctor’s Association of Malaysia invites you to a public forum on:


“BIOETHICS & THE GIFT OF LIFE ”


Topics & Speakers:

“Principles & Current Issues in Catholic Bioethics” Dr Chong Khin Yam
“Good Palliative Care-An Alternative to Euthanasia” Dr Francis Lopez
“Ethical Dilemmas in Critical Care” Dr Alex Delilkan
“Medico-legal aspect of life& death issues” Mr Robert Lazar


Date: 27 January 2007 (Saturday)
Time: 4.00pm
Venue: Lecture Hall, Tun Tan Cheng Lock School of Nursing
(behind Assunta Hospital, Jalan Templer, Petaling Jaya)
Light snacks & refreshments will be provided after the talk


Am I allowed to conceive by the test tube (in vitro) method or other assisted reproductive techniques?
Are my babies allowed to be vaccinated by all current available vaccines?
Can I withhold food and nutrition from my sick and dying relatives?
Can I use condoms if I have HIV infection?
Can I request to stop life support treatments for my dying relative?

If you wish to have answers to the above questions, you should attend this interesting talk.